Mailing List

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Spherical Harmonic (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #7)Spherical Harmonic by Catherine Asaro
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Yeah.

Well, this is the first of the whole series where I was actively put off by the language. It was the super short, "Surge. Blah. Blah. Blah," stuff. I know it should have given me more descriptive impact, but it went on far too long and I was wondering if I was going through some cerebral infarction.

Getting beyond that, I was just trying to figure out what the importance of being a jungle-captive, which maybe didn't have to be so bad, but then it all boiled down to assumptions and piss-poor communications and then the obvious straw man of the Traders being the baddies, I started zoning out. Yes, it's the aftermath of the war, but these situations are now getting annoying. I may need to call it after this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment