Mailing List

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Narrow Road Between Desires (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2.6)The Narrow Road Between Desires by Patrick Rothfuss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All right, let's push aside all the drama that the fanbase has over the author for just a moment. Let's ignore the clamor of "Oh my god why is it taking so long to get a new book, and then, when we do get something new, it's only a revamped novella?"

Let's just look at the actual tale we did get. Let's enjoy or lambast the repast of words on its own merits:

Good god, ya'll. It was super easy to fall into and so totally charming. I totally got into Bast's wandering and rambling day.

All that happened was as true as true could be, assuming you were a mischievous little fae who had grown to love this little place and mostly did right by all the children even though it might have been more natural to smite them down. It was just so charming. I hate that I loved it so much. I have to ignore everything else but the tale, right? And the tale could easily be a product of a crossroads deal with a demon. It's just that magical.



So with that, I'll grumble off somewhere and grumble my way to bed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment