Mailing List

Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Annual Migration of CloudsThe Annual Migration of Clouds by Premee Mohamed
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novella took me on a few interesting turns. I really, really enjoyed the worldbuilding in it. I was totally invested from the get-go. Post apocalyptic, great potential set-up for a whole series, even.

And then it went in a direction that seemed like dithering until I realized the entire novella wasn't about a new start in a very interesting post-apoc world at all. Once I got THAT through my head, I was fully back on board.

The real moral of the story? Well? Should I spoil? No. I won't. But I did appreciate it for what it actually became. The THEME was the real twist.


But really? I think I would have loved to see a full SF series. Who knows, maybe later, but that might mess with the impact of this one's message.

Pretty fun, all told.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment