Mailing List

Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Rats (Rats, #1)The Rats by James Herbert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Do you remember when people started calling cheesy movies cheesy? Yeah, I don't either. I think it was extremely old when I was born. But that's also the fun part. We love cheese. We've always loved cheese. Cheese is GOOD.

You know who else loves cheese?

RATS.

What happens when you put rats into a novel that is pure B-Movie Cheese?

LOTS of rats. And lots of gnawing. Tons of gnawing.


Look. This is not fine literature. It's '70s horror, as popular as King when he got started, but unlike King on his worst days, it was pure cheesy schlock.

And why the hell not? October is the month for horror, cheese or not. :) Fortunately, I LIKE cheese.

*snicker snicker snack* *twitches whiskers* *nom nom*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment