Mailing List

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Outcasts of Order (The Saga of Recluce, #20)Outcasts of Order by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All in all, I read these Recluse novels for one main reason. They're therapeutic. The main characters are good people, balanced, and just trying to do the best they can in difficult situations. It's a wonderful contrast to most of the fantasy I read.

This is no different. It may not be original at this point, having had the same kind of plot for most of these books, but the slowness of the pace and the in-depth everyday travails of survival WITH magic, love, and even a little mystery makes it all worthwhile.

From here, the second novel in a rare trilogy in the series, we spend more and more time in the growing and the journey and less with the usual subplot of war. I enjoyed it. At this point, it's almost always like coming home to your most comfy chair, snuggling up with tea, and listening to the fire.

I never imagined I'd feel this way from when I read the first book. But if I read it again, today, I'd probably feel just as warm and fuzzy. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment