Mailing List

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Elder RaceElder Race by Adrian Tchaikovsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

At first, I had the impression that I was reading something from Steven Brust, which, I should mention, is not a bad thing at all.

But this tale was much more about Clarke's First Law and with a cool anthropology twist and an old school sword and sorcery couched firmly, and formally, in a transhumanist long-term space-colony context.

Most of those older fantasies I read usually started on the fantasy side and gradually let in the SF. This one started from the opposite direction. So that's cool.

And another interesting addition is the whole technological correction of depression. :) I'm a big fan of certain kinds of representation, and this one kicks it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment