Mailing List

Monday, November 16, 2020

Doing Time (The Time Police #1)Doing Time by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I started this feeling a little anxious. I mean, after all, I'm a fan of St. Mary's. It kinda feels ... icky... going over to the other side that always shoots first and ... well... shoots first.

I thought I would be missing my favorite time-traveling historians who most definitely do not have a clue.

Fortunately, Jodi Taylor hits all the right notes in this spin-off series. I immediately thought I was reading a Police Academy mixed with time travel. And then I realized I was reading a mix of time travel with NCIS.

And then I realized that the bunnies would destroy Australia.


Between a mousy harangued woman who joined the Time Cops just to get away from her domineering grandmother to the billionaire playboy son who was sold into slavery to the Time Cops, or Matthew, the son of Max from St. Mary's, this is a team-building exercise of fine, fine humor.

It's pretty much everything I didn't know I was wanting in my life. Think Hot Fuzz with time travel.

I'm SOOOOO glad I gave it a shot. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment