Mailing List

Saturday, July 4, 2020

The Status CivilizationThe Status Civilization by Robert Sheckley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maybe if I was 20 years younger and not all that versed in SF except in practically ONLY the classics, I probably would have picked up this little subversive title and chuckled darkly through my reading of it.

I probably would have nodded and enjoyed the relatively light Bad-Is-Good vision of society and admit that I've read much better satire in my life. But it IS satire and it's not BAD satire. It's just LITE satire.

In other words, it fits nicely with a grand sweeping tradition of early SF.

I should say... this is the second Sheckly I've read. He sure has a thing about people sport-hunting people. lol

This was an okay book. Fast-paced, a product of its time, and relatively predictable. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment