Mailing List

Monday, March 30, 2020

Baptism of Fire (The Witcher, #3)Baptism of Fire by Andrzej Sapkowski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm still entranced by these novels.

It's sometimes hard to see why. I mean, the way the plot flows, it's almost like there's no sense of structure, just things happening, more character development, and the far-off whispers of big things to come. The war? Already started in the last book. This one is more an off-the-scene recuperation and focused side-quest to get Ciri back. Somehow.

And yet.

Jeeze... the 'and yet' is as big as a lake of fire. And yet, from the start to the finish, I'm totally entranced by the tale, loving the characters, enjoying the new characters even more than the old (save Geralt, of course,) and getting INVESTED all over again in the tale.

It's like there is no true beginning, middle, or end... AND I JUST DON'T CARE. My goodness... can I love our new fair surgeon any more than I do? I don't see how it might be possible. He just FITS in the group more than just about anyone. I love his interactions with everyone. And a certain scene that fits perfectly for an AA meeting?

Totally precious.

I remain ensorcelled.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment