Mailing List

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Soulbinder (Spellslinger, #4)Soulbinder by Sebastien de Castell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't tell whether I'm totally hooked on the series because of all the cool things that have been discovered and/or learned through the course of them or whether this particular book shone, all on its own, a bit brighter than all but the first.

But enjoy it, I did. A lot. I'm loving the whole jack-of-all-trades vibe taking on masters of single schools of magic. :) Trickster? Yep. Highly observational? Yep.

In the heart of a land of Shadowblack monks hiding from the rest of the world and STILL getting into trouble for all the best of reasons? Yep.

With some really dark moments? That, too.

I'm telling you, fantasy novels like this, ones that are ostensibly YA but really rich in the KINDS of magic and fully developed rules for it, are still reliant on great characters and shining dialogue. Fortunately, this has it in spades. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment