Mailing List

Friday, January 4, 2019

A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So. Yeah. I read this to my kiddo on the assumption it would be nice and wholesome and, above all, CUTE.

I suppose it fits the bill. In a way. In an old generation way. In one of those generations that are sleeping the nice comfy warm dreams of the ever-cozy and drowsy lives that can accept only a tiny little smidge of fantasy in their staid, solid, middle-class English suburbia.

I had to stop the book about ten times with my daughter because either she or I fell asleep on it.

It may be very cute in its way and it may be a real hit for some people, but lordy, to my girl and me... this was BORING.


Doing my part to ruin other's nostalgia. Peace-out!

;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment