Mailing List

Monday, October 2, 2017

Protector (Foreigner, #14)Protector by C.J. Cherryh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can still honestly say that this series is consistently excellent, and while I can't say that this novel broke a lot of new ground unlike the previous one, I was quite amused by Cajeiri's ship friends coming down for his birthday. A little romp through the fields couldn't hurt a few human kids, could it?

I was a little annoyed by all this focus on the Shadow Guild within the Assassin's, however, but I'm sure other readers would get more out of it than me. It does feel like it's drawing on a bit too much, a little too much reusable plots... with one exception. I liked seeing past events come to different light. A broader political view is rather interesting. And impressive.

Fortunately, the characters are really something else and I'm never getting tired of them. Bren is great as usual, but it was really a treat to see Jase again. When are we going to get aliens???



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment