Mailing List

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Three Parts Dead (Craft Sequence, #1)Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG this really hit the spot. I expected an UF with an interesting premise about the Craft which seemed part witchcraft and part necromancy with something to do with gods, but I didn't expect a sharp exploration of a kind of magic-users who DEFINED and held gods to LAWS. lol

So yeah.

As far as I can tell, it's one part courtroom drama, one part epic necromantic universal magic-struggle, and one part pure awesomeness.

I didn't expect to have the coolness of Gaiman's god-system turned into a crafty legal drama full of nastily powerful peeps pulling loophole tricks to kill immortal gods, but lordy, I had a great time. :)

Easy and fun and very, very compelling. This was pretty much written for me. Just for me. And now I'm giddy. Thanks, Max! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment