Mailing List

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Through the WoodsThrough the Woods by Emily Carroll
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Horror stories done stark and right, minimalist and tear-your-face-off creepy.

Seriously. I think I only like one of the five stories, but I loved the other four. Crazy solid scares, and now I've got a good book to read to my daughter once she finally stops needing to sleep with the light on.

After all, we can't have our children growing up unafraid, now can we?

(Puts on a wide brimmed hat and grins in such a way that all of his teeth gleam like piano keys.)

Right?

But my favorite story of all was the one that was told to the monster. How hella cool was that? Totally awesome. :)

This is by far the most solid all-around tale(s) of horror I've ever read in a comic. Others might have a lot more creativity, strange plots, more odd characters, but this one excels in doing one thing extremely right:

Scaring you.

Bravo. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment