Mailing List

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists (The Sandman, #4)The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now the good stuff really gets started.

Introducing most of the Eternals, we discover intrigue with Destiny, some deep sadness in Delirium, friendship in Death, capriciousness in Desire, and maybe a bit of reasonableness in Despair. Dream is there, of course, and he's rightly annoyed with his siblings.

He is, after all, the one who had perpetrated a great crime. Who are they to taunt him?

Ah, Nada. Such a tragic figure.

And she's only a plot hook!

Oh Hell... I'm not going to spoil Hell, but Dream goes back to right his great wrong.

I was so surprised with the outcome. Delighted. Flabbergasted. The implications were enormous and made me giddy with anticipation.

If the Eternals weren't enough to make things interesting, we also get the Aesir, Angels, Chaos, Chinese Gods, Devils, Fae, and Order knocking on Dream's door to threaten, bribe, plead. So totally delicious.

I read American Gods before Sandman, so I was grooving to this tune and this twist in a big way. Hell, this Volume epitomizes everything I love about the Sandman Series. When it thinks big, it thinks BIG. Let's not piddle around the the little crap, shall we? Let's move Heaven and Earth.

Woo! Woo! If only all comics could get this grandiose! (Of course, I later learned that some could get pretty close, but this is my first taste of something really good.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment