Mailing List

Thursday, August 20, 2015

That Which Walks Behind the GravesThat Which Walks Behind the Graves by Scott Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story not only walks upon its own two feet, it also rides upon the vermillion tentacles pouring out of the Ashcroft Estate, the forest, and all the places between the graves.

I find myself fascinated with the whispers of the horror. It is so damn delicious, and the characters are so damn full of life until they aren't. What precious little flowers are grown in these corpse's hearts. :)

Honestly, it reads like the continuation of a longer novel that began with The House of a Thousand Hearts, and I can easily see it continuing on with new character and situations, growing into something absolutely huge and sinister, and NOT just a collection of short stories. The promise is so damn nice and the execution is hearty and heart-y.

There's very little I can or should say about the explosions of delicious gore at each climatic scene, other than wow. Too Good. Too brilliant and satisfying. Am I hooked? You better damn believe it.

My only problem now is in waiting for either the anthology that brings the rest of these stories to life, or the novel that continues The Bones of the Earth.

Truly classic, smooth as silk, warm as blood.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment