Mailing List

Sunday, February 6, 2022

White Trash Warlock (Adam Binder #1)White Trash Warlock by David R. Slayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I totally admit that I picked this up mostly on the strength of the title, alone. I kinda expected a funny Urban Fantasy with a bunch of hicks digging deeper and deeper in the doo, but strangely enough, that ain't was this is.

What we do have here is a solidly serious intro that doesn't shy away from poverty, low-powered magic, or family misunderstandings/grievances. From that point on, we do get some cool magical setups, a m/m romance that is as charming as it is a bit fated, and a seriously cool intro, later, into the greater magical world. Spirit walking gives me a great cool taste of, say, the later versions of WoD Mage, with four Watchtowers, guardians, and a whole bunch of neat stuff that I haven't seen all that much of in this genre.

I'm excited.

Plus, there's a definite later Supernatural vibe going on that I really like. Hint: reapers. :)

It looks like I'm gonna be glued to all new news on this series. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment