Mailing List

Friday, February 11, 2022

Hidden Bodies (You, #2)Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm gonna rate this one based on my enjoyment of it. I'll ignore the massive amounts of sex in the pages as a lark and laugh at all the LA antics for what they are because this book is just plain fun.

I have a soft spot for creepy stalkers and murderers just as long as they're GENUINE about it. You know? Idealism, romance, honesty, passion. And a body count. I mean, it's not like you NEED a body count to make a great tale, but if you're in the mood to see V-Day go down in flames, this seems to be an absolute must.

Now, here's what makes this book very interesting to me: I watched the Netflix adaptation and loved the bookishness and romance and body count so much that I had to sucker others into watching it with me. And THEN I realized it was based on books. I'm late to the game, you see. And this means I will have this tendency to compare the two.

And what did I find? That I liked some aspects of the show better than the book and some of the reverse. I admit I liked the surviving ex and the hotel writing scene in the show much better than in the book. But the book really dived into the jet-setting scene better. And the twists were also very interesting. I can't tell you which I like better, because the show was great in keeping in character to the book's spirit. The divergence is much bigger in the second season than in the first. And yet... I like both. :) It's like an alternate reality. But nothing so off as in the Dexter series, book/tv show.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for erudite wickedness.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment