Mailing List

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

God's Eye: Awakening: A Labyrinth World NovelGod's Eye: Awakening: A Labyrinth World Novel by Aleron Kong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

LitRPG.

Those who know, know. Those who don't, might need to pick up a game and crank out those possible levels 1-100, start grinding, come back to this novel, and freak out at the utter awesomeness of everything that is baby-godhood, RPG, and a vast fantasy world that compasses it.

For those of us who've already enjoyed the Land, this is a crossover of sorts but it has a much bigger, Tier 0 godlike feel. The worldbuilding is delicious.

I'm afraid that I'm a total fanboy. If you're a certain type of someone, LitRPGs are pretty much all good, tickling all those funny bones. Some are decent, others are pure cotton candy, and still others you will just want to pick up and keep reading and reading and reading and pray that it's actually 120 hours long, audiobook, and not anything like a normal length book.

In my case, I couldn't stop. I wouldn't stop. I just wanted it to keep on going and going and going and we barely even got to level 2 and I'm crying because it's not fair and I wanted to at least get to level ten and WHY is the universe treating me so horribly!

Yeah. I'm one of those.

Zero Fell may be a kind of prick, but I just don't care. It's all about the long-haul and the level 12-15 redemption arc.

:)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment