Mailing List

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #18)Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Re-read.

There's something awfully comforting about murder, isn't there? I mean, all the various modes and motives and complications like sex, jealousy, greed, beneficence... the whole works. Why we kill -- and why we keep coming back to Hercule Poirot who, for one, would be someone I'd love to see be the one to have murdered all these horrible, nasty, backbiting people.

But alas. He's just using his grey cells. That's what he does. It certainly has nothing to do with preventing crime. Just the fun of solving the mystery.

What a guy.

A standard we can all look up to.

Still, this is a classic mystery and I've gotta read up before watching the new movie. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment