Mailing List

Friday, February 25, 2022

Archivist Wasp (Archivist Wasp Saga, #1)Archivist Wasp by Nicole Kornher-Stace
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To be entirely fair about this book, I probably had higher expectations because had liked one of the author's more adult fare.

So I said to myself, "Hey, look at that wild cover and ignore the YA blurb. Check it out and try not to weep!"

So I finally did. And here's something I can honestly say about it: It's competently written and fits all the right popular stereotypes for the type of angry, knife-wielding, Post-Apoc girl who finds herself in a difficult position with the "enemy" and eventually has to work with him and trust him deeply as she figures out that the place she grew up was actually evil and now she has to defeat... oooh blah blah blah.

Look.

Aside from the ghost-hunting premise with its cool reveal, this book is pretty much a carbon copy of 40 others that I can personally name because I read them already.

It's annoying to read the same book over and over and over. So while this book was competently written, my enjoyment of it was severely hampered by its unity with a whole class of "angry girl with blade" YA literature.

Sigh. It's me, not you, Archivist Wasp.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment