Mailing List

Friday, February 2, 2018

The Wrath of DavidThe Wrath of David by Sean-Paul Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew this was a dystopia nightmare before I came into the reading of it, where war had made a nightmare of the world, not just Scotland and the UK where this is set.

I even imagined it was going to be a rather standard tale of a man all in a rage over getting justice for his wife and not finding it after civilization barely hangs on. Not with the police, not with the military, nowhere. I really thought it was going to just be one of those vigilante thrillers full of guns and bad guys getting theirs, all graphic violence and many horrors done to women and the poverty-stricken.

What I didn't expect after this time of standard build-up was a world much worse off than I initially thought. I mean, it's really bad. Slavery in the UK, man. Total brutality toward women. Anyone who's brownish goes through the meat shredder.

And suddenly I'm entirely on-board with a little or even a lot of vigilante justice. Between David and his conscience, Louise, I was sitting on the edge of my seat with awesome action scenes and a great body count. Neo-Nazi England. Pure hell on all immigrants.

Just hell.

Maybe I ought to postpone my trip to England... *shiver* (strikes that off my wish-list)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment