Mailing List

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Candlemoth: A Holy City RomanceCandlemoth: A Holy City Romance by Pauline West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Romance.

Sexytimes romance. It's a young thing. It's a waitress versus a rich boy. It's also a triangle because the rich boy tends to be an issue with himself and everyone else. But mainly, it's a steamy romance. :)

Survivor Lily and Playboy Ry circle each other like moths to a candle, but they just can't keep their hands off each other. They really ought to stay far from each other, but you know how this story goes. On again off again, in the meantime, Lily plays out a hazy dream of modeling and with a little luck strikes it big thanks to a friend who wants to be a bit more than just a friend. But this is also the stuff of romance, isn't it?

I can easily say it's pretty damn hot, but what I most appreciate is the high level of writing. I don't usually think of top-notch writing when I think of romance, but quality is quality. And I'm super happy to keep reading any genre that supplies me with great characters, smooth fiction, and rich prose.

I'm also very happy I've got all three books handy because that first one is a bit of a cliffhanger. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment