Mailing List

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)White Hot by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

(Insert generic rant about covers.)

Putting my intense hate aside for just a moment, I do need to clarify that I loved the actual text of this book. I've gotten through all of the Kate Daniels series and the Innkeeper stuff, but I really ought to spell this out... I think I am in love with this series and it's even better than the others.

Sheesh. It's really a case of misleading expectations thanks to that damn cover. I mean, technically, it has a strong romance plot through it, but for the most part, it's magical PI stuff with an intensely powerful city-killer who's in love with Nevada, our main character... not, I should mention, the state.

And even pushing that aside, we have wonderful character development, solid and near perfect progression and change of circumstances, and very cute moments with the family. What else could we need? Well, there's always murder, revenge, political stuff revolving the Primes, and multiple near-death experiences culminating in a really hot scene after so much cold... but that's just icing on the cake.

It's a pure pleasure to read and you know what? As a UF, it's rather unique because it focuses almost entirely on a great magic system... without vamps or weres at all. WHAT???? A UF WITHOUT vamps or weres? GET OUT OF HERE! :) Seriously. It only rises higher in my estimation from here. :)




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment