Mailing List

Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Immortal Iron Fist, Volume 1: The Last Iron Fist StoryThe Immortal Iron Fist, Volume 1: The Last Iron Fist Story by Ed Brubaker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, I wasn't expecting *quite* that much story packed into the first volume! Color me very pleasantly surprised.

I mean, we've got hints as to Danny's creation, the fact that he's the 66th of his line, that he has the powers of a vast cosmological dragon running through his veins, and that that fist of his does a ton more than just explode bad guys. It mesmerizes, too! Cool!

Oh, yeah, and his cowardly predecessor who should be dead shows up and decides to give himself the fateful sendoff that all Iron Fists usually get in the end.

It's all about the good death, after all. And Hydra. Lots of Chinese Hydra and boardroomy hijinx and massive scorpion mecha-beasts and LUKE is here too!!! :)

Best of all, though, is the fact that there's SO MUCH STORY going on.

Did I mention when I LOVE when there's tons of good story going on in a comic? Yup. Delicious. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment