Mailing List

Friday, October 30, 2015

Taken (Alex Verus, #3)Taken by Benedict Jacka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Solid read that's building on the precognition premise, this time revolving around missing mage apprentices from both the light and dark camps. All are taken without a trace.

What can go wrong?

Well, for starters, Alex can pick up a few stragglers who might just want to go just as independent as he, for one. And we can do it all in the middle of a mage tournament he would never have considered attending, if he hadn't been forced to do it for the investigation.

Oh, and Luna is getting beast. Gotta love girls with bullwhips.

I think I'm gonna like these new characters. Or at least, I'm going to like Ms. Life Mage. Quite a few beasts in the book. I'm looking forward to the kinds of plots twists this is going to bring us.

Fortunately, Mr. Jacka knows how to set them up and knock them down. Quick and enjoyable reads, all of them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment