Mailing List

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Wolverine and the X-Men, Vol. 6Wolverine and the X-Men, Vol. 6 by Jason Aaron
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another crossover, but thankfully it was short. The Dog storyline promises to be at least fairly interesting, and I do like how the kids are starting to work together a little bit.

Unfortunately, the volume just wasn't funny in the way the other ones were. As a counter-balance, it was only passing serious.

Sure, there were some pretty good visuals that told lots of interesting, if undeveloped, tales, and the implications are fairly long-ranging. If anything, this volume teases out some new and possibly epic timeline snafus, because, of course, we're talking about time travel.

We're not in an X-Men, or a Fantastic Four, or a Guardians of the Galaxy without time travel.

It makes me wonder with rabid-eyed fascination just who really has the Time Gem in the MCU. Namor? Howard the Duck? What the hell do I need to do to get some spoilers here? Google it?

Alas, even that is going to make my head spin like a GRRM fan with his head so far up a usenet feed trying to outguess an author who reads his fans speculations just so he can thwart them.

I'm talking to you, MCU.

Okay. Enough ranting. On to more reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment